RECIPROCITY Mobility Mission – Helsinki
RECIPROCITY's second Mobility Mission will take place in Helsinki, Finland between October 2022, 5th and 7th. Join us to discuss innovative and sustainable mobility solutions, to meet your peers from the mobility sector to exchange ideas but also to visit inspiring pilot sites and learn about exciting mobility projects. More information about the programme and the registration are below.
About this event
Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council and RECIPROCITY invite you to the RECIPROCITY Mobility Mission Helsinki from October 5th til 7th 2022 for three days of exploration, knowledge exchange and networking around Safe, Connected & Autonomous Mobility in the Helsinki Metropolitan Region in Finland.
To stimulate peer-to-peer learning and exchange, RECIPROCITY organizes overall four of such Mobility Missions. A Mobility Mission is an expert site visit to lighthouse cities to experience pioneering mobility solutions first-hand and to learn about their implementation. It enables follower cities to learn from the experiences made in these pilot projects and to transfer this knowledge to their own replication projects.
Notice that the events agenda will be updated in August to include latest and most inspiring mobility solutions of The Helsinki Region!
Agenda (to be updated)
Wednesday 5th of October (Day 1)
Morning: Arrival and welcome
- Arrival in Helsinki (12.00h)
- Welcome and introduction of Mobility Mission in Helsinki (Helsinki City Centre/Office of Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council)
Afternoon: Visit to Aalto University and/or VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland in Espoo (15 minutes from Helsinki City Centre by metro)
- Aalto University’s spin-off company Sensible 4 Oy is a Finnish self-driving technology company that has solved a major obstacle in autonomous driving, varying weather. The company develops SAE Level 4 full-stack autonomous driving software that turns any vehicle into self-driving.
- VTT's automated driving and smart mobility services
Evening: Informal get-together
Thursday 6th of October (Day 2)
Forum Virium Helsinki (FVH) is hosting the day. Forum Virium Helsinki is the City of Helsinki innovation company. It co-creates urban futures with companies, universities, other public sector organizations and Helsinki residents. Forum Virium Helsinki’s mission is to make Helsinki the most functional smart city in the world.
Venue: Maria 01, Lapinlahdenkatu 16, Helsinki
Projects and solutions that can be presented or visited (tbc in August):
- Mobility Lab Helsinki; testbed for smart mobility innovations
- LiiDi2 creates a model for mobility digital twins and develop new methods for data collection
- RIDE2RAIL develops solutions and tools that will facilitate the efficient combination of ride-sharing and scheduled transport services such as bus and rail
- Also other possible presentations e.g. on urban air transports/automated vehicles and individual demos - tbc (these are to be confirmed in August)
Presentations of other organisations and companies of the Helsinki Region - tbc (these are to be confirmed in August)
- Metropolia University of Applied Sciences; Smart Countryside Mobility project that develops passenger movement and small goods logistics services in sparsely populated areas of Uusimaa region
- CoReorient Ltd - company’s solutions; f.e. www.kimppakyydit.com. Ride sharing service that works in the browser of phone, tablet or computer without downloading separate applications
Networking dinner in the evening
Friday 7th of October (Day 3)
Venue; Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council (HURC), Esterinportti 2B, Helsinki
- Capacity Building Workshop
- One-to-one-meetings with start-ups and stakeholders
End of mission by 15:00
REGISTRATION AND APPLICATION FOR FUNDING
REGISTER now free of charge: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/reciprocity-helsinki-mobility-mission-tickets-379656632207
Apply for the travel voucher: As a participant, you can apply for a travel voucher to get reimbursed for travel and accommodation expenses. The application form for the travel youcher will be sent to you after you have registered on eventbrite.