RECIPROCITY Mobility Mission – Helsinki
RECIPROCITY's second Mobility Mission will take place in Helsinki, Finland between October 2022, 5th and 7th. Join us to discuss innovative and sustainable mobility solutions, to meet your peers from the mobility sector to exchange ideas but also to visit inspiring pilot sites and learn about exciting mobility projects. More information about the programme and the registration are below.
About this event
Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council and RECIPROCITY invite you to the RECIPROCITY Mobility Mission Helsinki from October 5th til 7th 2022 for three days of exploration, knowledge exchange and networking around Safe, Connected & Autonomous Mobility in the Helsinki Metropolitan Region in Finland.
To stimulate peer-to-peer learning and exchange, RECIPROCITY organizes overall four of such Mobility Missions. A Mobility Mission is an expert site visit to lighthouse cities to experience pioneering mobility solutions first-hand and to learn about their implementation. It enables follower cities to learn from the experiences made in these pilot projects and to transfer this knowledge to their own replication projects.
Notice that the events agenda will be updated in August to include latest and most inspiring mobility solutions of The Helsinki Region!
Wednesday 5th of October (Day 1)
- 12:00-14:00 Welcome and introduction (KYMP-house, 1st floor auditorium, Työpajankatu 8, Helsinki)
- Welcome to Helsinki Mobility Mission; Sakari Saarinen,and Ari Lainevuo, HURC
- Transport in Helsinki, Pihla Kuokkanen, Resource Planning Unit Manager, City of Helsinki
- Review of Helsinki’s ITS Development Programme, Mikko Lehtonen, Project Manager, City of Helsinki
- 14:00-15:00 Coffee break and transfer by metro to Otaniemi
- 15:00-17:30 Visit to Open Innovation House at Aalto University (Open Innovation House at Aalto University, 2nd floor, Maarintie 6, Espoo)
- Introduction to Aalto University; Milos Mladenovic, Assistant Professor, Spatial Planning and Transportation Engineering
- Pitches by spin-off companies: 1. GIM Robotics, 2. PARKZIA, 3. AIVIsionEye, 4. Conveqs, 5. Maptionnaire
Thursday 6th of October (Day 2)
- 09:30-12:30 Smart Mobility by Forum Virium Helsinki (Maria 01, Lapinlahdenkatu 16, Helsinki)
- Overview of Helsinki Smart Mobility
- Mobility Lab and Helsinki Living Lab – story
- Project portfolio past & present
- Presentations on: 1. Enablers; 2. Data
- 12:30-13:30 Lunch break
- 13:30-16:00 Different aspects of sustainable and smart mobility by Forum Virium Helsinki and Metropolia University of Applied Sciences (Maria 01, Lapinlahdenkatu 16, Helsinki)
- Forum Virium Helsinki: Presentations on: 1.Services 2.Urban Air Mobility 3. Automation 4. Logistics
- Metropolia University of Applied Sciences: Introduction to Smarter Mobility Innovation Hub and to Smart Countryside Mobility project; Harri Miinin, Project Manager
- Afternoon (in parallel with the session from 13h30): Possibility to have one-to-one meetings with start-ups and stakeholders
- 18:00 Networking dinner (TBC)
Friday 7th of October (Day 3)
- 10:00-12:00 Capacity building workshop (Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council, Esterinportti 2 B, Helsinki)
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch break
- 13:00-15:00 One-to-one meetings with start-ups and stakeholders
- 15:00 End of mission
REGISTER now free of charge: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/reciprocity-helsinki-mobility-mission-tickets-379656632207